E1: 42: Backorder Release R42118 Updates Line at Closed Status (620/999)
(Doc ID 2766064.1)
Last updated on APRIL 02, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
An order is raised for an item where only a partial quantity is available, resulting in a quantity shipped and a quantity backordered. The order is closed via the R42800 Sales Update. A quantity then becomes available; when the R42118 backorder release UBE is launched over the order, it updates the quantities on the closed order line (620/999) resulting in discrepancies in the customer ledger.
Steps to Duplicate:
- Identify or add an item where a known quantity is available. Raise an order for a quantity that exceeds this value. Note that some are shipped and the remainder go on backorder.
- Invoice the order and run it through sales update, R42800, where the option to not purge F4211 records is set. Verify the line is closed at 620/999 status.
- Adjust in inventory, using P4114, for the item and branch used in the first step.
- Add a version of R42118 set to run in final mode and to use the backorder quantity as available quantity. Set data selection on the order number and item number.
- R42118 completes and the PDF shows that inventory has been released to the closed order line. The order inquiry P4210 also shows that the quantities are updated, with no remaining backordered quantity.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document