E1: 41: No Journal Entries Are Created if an Invalid Location Error (3138) Occurs During An Inventory Transfer (P4113) Transaction
(Doc ID 2766874.1)
Last updated on MAY 28, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Inventory Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
During a multiple line Inventory Transfer (P4113), if an invalid To Location is entered on a line and then the To Location is corrected and the Item Number on that line is changed, the Journal Entries (F0911) are not created and the batch will not post.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Location Control is activated in the Branch Plant Constants
- User enters a 4 line inventory transfer (P4113) with the same item (73749) and branch with identical from and to locations on every line.
- User changes the location on the 3rd line to an invalid location.
- Invalid Location (3138) Error Appears.
- User changes the location on the 3rd line back to a valid location but also changes the item number from 73749 to 73747 before exiting the row.
- User clicks OK to record the transaction.
- Document Number 91747044 IT is created.
- The Item Ledger (F4111) records for Document Number 91747044 IT are created correctly for Item 73749 and 73747 showing subtractions in the From Locations and Additions in the To Locations.
- Inquire on the journal entry for Document Number 91747044 IT.
- Debits do not equal credits.
- There is a credit balance of -588.94
- Debit of 588.94 was not created for a To Location
- Batch will not post unless debits = credits.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document