E1: 31: Manufacturing Scheduling Workbench - P31225 Allows Changing WO Type to an Invalid Value when Using WO Activity Rules for Production Work Orders
(Doc ID 2769676.1)
Last updated on APRIL 19, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Shop Floor Control - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When the WO Activity Rules are turned on in Manufacturing Constants - P3009 for discrete manufacturing work orders, it is possible to change the WO type (Alias: TYPS) to a value that is not defined in the WO activity rules (F4826) when using P31225 program. It appears that P31225 is not consistent with P48013 if editing / changing the F4801.TYPS value, although P31225 calls the same P48013 version that forbids changing the work order type incorrectly.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- P4826 ZJDE0002 – Define work order activity rules for e.g. Order Type “WO” and WO Type “S”
- P3009 – Activate the flag “WO Activity Rules processing” in the Manufacturing Constants tab
- Sign out from JDE, clear Server / Table cache, sign into JDE
- P48013 - Raise a work order for a discrete parent item, for Order Type “WO” and WO Type “S”
- P48013 – Re-inquire on the WO header, go to Status and Type tab and try to change the WO type from “S” to e.g. “R”. The system triggers the error ID 133J – “Status Not in Status Flow”. This is correct, as per work order activity rules definition.
- IV: P31225 – make sure the system calls the same P48013 version as above
- P31225 – Select the same work order created at point # 4
- Change the WO Type from “S” to “R” and save the changes. The system does not trigger any warning, error and the change is done incorrectly
- P48013 – Re-inquire on the same work order number and see that the WO type is now set to “R”. if just reviewing the data and hitting OK button, the system triggers the same error ID 133J – “Status Not in Status Flow”
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document