E1: 52: Discrepancy with Regards to how the Retainage Release Only Flag in the Invoices Summary Workfile (F4822) is Populated by the Retention Release (P52RR) and the Billing Line Revision (P52221) Programs
(Doc ID 2771188.1)
Last updated on JULY 06, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Contract and Service Billing - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
There is a discrepancy with regards to how Retention Adjustments work in Retention Release (P52RR) and Billing Line Revision P52221. The P52221 will update Retainage Release Only Flag for the Invoice in the Invoices Summary Workfile (F4822) to 'A' whereas the Retention Release (P52RR) will update it to 'R'.
The issue can be duplicated with the following steps:
1. Enter one new Contract in Contract Master (P5201) form Contract Master Revisions (W5201A) with one Billing Line of type L and with Retainage.
2. In Batch Review (P48221) form Work With Batches (W48221B) Create one batch for the contract and add one Invoice.
3. In Batch Review (P48221) Drill into the Invoice and populate the Current Amount and Save.
4. In Batch Review - Contract Billing Line Inquiry (P5222) form W48221B take Form Exit Retainage Recalc and notice the Retainage was recalculated.
5. Run Create AR Entries (R48199).
6. In Batch Review (P48221) Create new Batch and Invoice for the Contract.
7. In the Contract Billing Line Inquiry (P5222) take Form -> Retainage Release, make an Adjustment in form P52RR and then press Perform Release/Adjustment. Notice the Retainage Release Only Flag for the Invoice in the Invoices Summary Workfile (F4822) is set to R.
8. Run Retainage Recalc then Form Exit Select in Contract Billing Line Inquiry. Then in the Invoice Billing Line Revisions (P52221) make another Adjustment. Notice the Retainage Release Only Flag for the Invoice in the Invoices Summary Workfile (F4822) is set to A.
So there is a discrepancy between P52RR and P52221 with how the Retainage Release Only Flag is populated in F4822. The same discrepancy occurs with the Retainage Rule set at Billing Line Level rather than Contract level.
Additional error scenario before the fix for this issue
In some instances, depending of the exact code level in Contract Billing Line Inquiry (P5222), when a negative Retention Amount and a non zero Current Amount are entered in P5222, the value displays as a positive in the grid and is added to the Previous Retention Amount value. This will also be fixed with the fix for the issue reported above.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document