E1: 32: Configured Sales Order Entry - P4210 Calculates Extended Cost in the SO Detail Line Differently than WO Completion Cost
(Doc ID 2771763.1)
Last updated on APRIL 27, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Configurator - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When having a configured parent item with an 'R' AIR referencing multiple operation steps, there are some differences between the Unit Cost / Extended Cost calculated on the sales order detail line versus the IC transaction reported in Cardex. This leads to data integrity during Sales Update process.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- P4101 / P41026 - create one cfg parent (Stk Ty = C, Ln Ty = W) and a purchased component (Stk Ty = P, Ln Ty = S)
- P4105 - Add Unit Costs for 07 Sales Inventory Cost method and 08 Purchasing Cost Method
- BV: R30812 / R30835 – Simulate and freeze the costs for purchased component only for 07 (Standard) Cost Method
- P3006 - Review a work center having both simulated and frozen rates for Direct Labor, Labor Variable and Labor Fixed overheads
- P3003 - Define a routing for the configured parent; use the above work center for all 4 operation steps having the same Run Labor value defined to 1.04 hours. Only the operation step has the Pay Point Code (PC) set to B - backflush material and labor
- P3291 - define a single segment for cfg parent
- P3293 - define an unconditional P AIR to call the purchased component
- P3293 - define an unconditional R AIR to get the routing steps defined for configured parent
- P4210 ZJDE0008 - create a configured parent; note the Unit Cost = 99.4505 and Extended Cost = 99.45
- P48013 - Check the related WO #
- R31410 - Run the UBE to process the WO and create WO cost details in F3102
- P31022 - The Standard Amounts are generated as follows:
A1 Cost = 18.2307
B1 Cost = 33.7120
C3 Cost = 17.3800
C4 Cost = 27.0040
Total Cost = 96.3267
- P31123 - Complete the WO through Super Backflush - Blind Material Issue & Hours
- P4111 - IC transaction for the WO Completion has the Unit Cost = 96.3267 and Extended Cost = 96.33
- P4105 - The new lot created through SBF WO Completion is also having the same Unit Cost value = 96.3267 for 07 Sales / Inventory Cost Method
- P4210 - Verify the Lot Number and Location updated on the SO detail line; the Unit Cost = 99.4505 and Extended Cost = 99.45
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document