E1: 03B: Work with Deductions (P03B40) Does Not Create a Rounding Record (Doc Type RR) Even Though the Exchange Rate Is Different When the Foreign Currency Deduction is Worked.
(Doc ID 2772573.1)
Last updated on APRIL 28, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Accounts Receivable - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a foreign currency deduction is worked via Work with Deductions (P03B40) but the resulting RB type batch is not posted, and then a second foreign currency deduction, created on the same receipt as the first one, is worked, the Post (R09801) does not create a rounding record, doc type RR, in the Receipt Details table (F03B14). As a result the post is out of balance.
The exchange rate at the time of working the deduction is different from the receipt’s exchange rate, which in turn is different from the invoice(s) exchange rate.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. P0015A: exchange rate setup for USD and CAD.
2. P03B11: create 2 invoices with the following values:
|Invoice & GL Dates||Base Currency||Foreign Currency||Exchange Rate||Foreign Gross/Open||Disc & Net Due Dates|
No discount, tax explanation code and tax rate area are blank.
3. R09801: post the invoices.
4. P03B102: create a receipt for the invoices for CAD 151,416.30, exchange rate 1.3139, base currency USD, GL date 23-Oct-2020, and create standalone deductions with these amounts:
5. R09801: post the receipt.
6. P03B40: work the second deduction first and apply/turn it into a credit memo. Use GL Date 31-Dec-2020 and exchange rate 1.2724.
7. Exit out of P03B40, but do not post the RB batch that was created.
8. P03B40: work the first deduction and apply/turn it into a credit memo. Use GL Date 31-Dec-2020 and exchange rate 1.2724.
9. R09801: now try to post both batches: no RR record is created and the post goes into error.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document