E1: 43: Prior End Balance Forward Error 4277 Disappears When Reversing PO Receipt (P43214) and Allows the Reversal to Occur
(Doc ID 2772593.1)
Last updated on APRIL 30, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Procurement and Subcontract Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Procurement
When performing a P.O. Receipt Reversal (P43214) for a past month/year, error 4427 - Prior End Balance Forward generates however, clicking into Confirm Reversal twice, the error disappears and the reversal is allowed.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Go to General Accounting Constants (G0941) and shut off 'Allow PBCO Posting' in GA Constants.
2. Create or change a company using Company Names & Number (P0010) to use Date Yr Beg of 01/01/20, GL Period 7, Begin Yr AP 01/01/20 for example.
2.a. The company just cannot be in the current year/period.
3. Create a new purchase order using Order Date of 07/05/2020 for example. Requested and Promised Delivery can also be any date in 07/2020.
4. In the PO Detail, ensure that the G/L Date is also in 07/2020.
5. Receive the purchase order changing both the G/L Date and Receipt to 07/2020.
6. Post the Receipt bath.
7. Change the company dates and period to now use April of 2021 from step 2.
8. Clear cache using P986116
9. Reverse the receipt (P43214). Override the G/L date on the reversal to the date the receipt was entered. (07/06/2020)
Note: that the company period is currently set to April 2021, but we are attempting to reverse the receipt with a G/L date of 7/06/2020.
10. The error message 4427 - Prior End Balance Forward Invalid generates.
11. Go back to the Receipt Reversal and click the Confirmation Reversal icon. Then click ok. Error 4427 disappears and the reversal is allowed.
Upgraded to 9.2.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document