E1: 52: Tax Rate/Area Defaults from Customer Master Instead of from Contract if Alternate Tax Area Assignment Is Set for a Company with no Tax Area Rules Defined in Tax Rate/Area Definition (P40081)
(Doc ID 2774210.1)
Last updated on MAY 25, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Contract and Service Billing - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When alternate tax area assignment is set for a company with no Tax Area rules defined in Tax Rate/Area Definition (P40081) the Tar Rate/Area in the Billing Line Detail (P5202) defaults from the Customer Master and not from the Contract.
1. In Company Constants, select one company and take Row Exit -> Alternate Tax Area and Enable Alternate Tax Area assignment, and set to not issue any Error or Warning.
2. In Customer Master set up a Tax Area for the Customer.
3. Do not define any rule for the Company in Tax Rate/Area Definition (P40081).
4. Enter a Contract with Tax Rate Area in the header different than the Tax Rate Area from the Customer Master.
5. Enter Billing Line and notice the Tax Rate Area defaulted from Customer Master instead of from Contract.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document