E1: 17: Vertex Geocode Invalid (Error 4998) Displayed When Accessing Work Order Quote (P17717) from Work Order Entry (P17714) Service Order Process
(Doc ID 2775517.1)
Last updated on JULY 06, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Service Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In an environment with Vertex Sales & Use Tax Q Series active, the customer is unable to create a work order through Work Order Revisions (P17714) Service Order process calling the Online Work Order Quote Program, P17717. The error Vertex Geocode Invalid (Error ID 4998) displays when the P17717 application is invoked. The Service Order created in Work Order Revisions (P17714) does not display any errors. P17717 displays the Vertex Geocode Invalid error when involved from the P17714 processing option and/or when the Row exit is taken for Costing / Analysis and Work Order Quote.
4998 Vertex Geocode Invalid
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- In an environment with Vertex Sales & Use Tax active, access P17714, Work Order Entry.
- Verify the P17714 processing option indicates a version of P17717.
- Add a Service Order.
- Application P17717 is called. The error Vertex Geocode Invalid (Error ID 4998) is displayed.
- Alternately, if the P17717 processing option is not active the Service Order is created without error.
- Inquire on the new order. Take the Row exit to Costing/Analysis followed by Work Order Quote.
- The Vertex Geocode Invalid error is displayed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document