E1: 31: Work Order Completions - P31114 Triggers Error ID 0003 - 'Blanks Invalid' for Field Based On Date (ALIAS: BODJ) when Using Multi-Location Option
(Doc ID 2780929.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 15, 2023
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Shop Floor Control - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When having a manufactured item defined with Lot Expiration Date Method (Alias: LECM) set to 2 - 'Based on Date' and completing a single lot using P31114 (or P31115), the system defaults in today's date in the field Based On Date (Alias: BODJ) if there is no other value pre-populated already for that field.
When completing the work order using the Form Exit > Multi-location option in the P31114 screen, the system expects a date to be inserted into the field Based On Date and triggers Error ID 0003 - Blanks Invalid.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- P4101 / P41026 – Create a manufactured item (Stk Ty = M, Ln Ty = S), having the field Lot Expiration Date Method (Alias: LECM) in the Lot Processing tab set to 2 – Based on Date
- P48013 – Create a WO for the parent item
- Process the WO interactively or via batch
- P31114 - Complete the WO (a single lot / location) and notice that the system defaults in today’s date in the Based On Date field
- P31114 - Complete the WO using Form Exit > Multi-Location option; the system automatically triggers the error ID 0003 - Blanks Invalid because the Based On Date field does not a have default date
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document