E1: 42: P42101 with Multi Item Search (P40ITM2) Copies Items Across Two Open Orders
(Doc ID 2781571.1)
Last updated on JUNE 03, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Using P42101 and the Multi Item Search functionality (P40ITM2), if 2 orders are being processed simultaneously by a user, the MiS / Multi Item Search functionality retains the items selected under the first order and will add them to the second order, including where different customers are involved. The P4210 does not show this behavior with the P40ITM2 / Multi Item Search.
Steps to Duplicate:
- Raise a new order in P42101. Take immediate exit to the Multi Item Search (P40ITM2) option via the ‘GO TO’ list, top right of screen.
- Perform a wide open search and locate 2 items with availability. Select the rows, add a value in the Quantity column, and take the Row Exit to SELECT. A green check mark appears on the relevant lines.
- While still in the P40ITM2, (do not confirm the choices made or save the order), start a new sales order with P42101. The same or a different customer can be used. Take immediate exit to the Multi Item Search, as with the first order.
- Observe that the items already selected for the first order, now appear in the grid. These items will bleed across to this second order, and will be returned to the grid when the user saves the order.
- The issue does not occur in regular P4210, where the second order’s Multi Item Search does not display the items from the previous order.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document