E1: MOBJ: In Enhanced Media Object Viewer While Downloading Media Object Attachment With File Name In Chinese Characters, The File Gets Saved With Blank Name Or Drops All Chinese Characters
(Doc ID 2781742.1)
Last updated on JUNE 07, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
While downloading Media Object attachment file with its name in Chinese characters, the file name is not retained (Enhanced Media Object Viewer) as it is. It gets saved locally as blank or drops all Chinese characters. This issue is happening with any application that supports Media Object functionality.
This issue is happening in tools release 9.2.4.X and 9.2.5.X.
Steps to Replicate:
- Open address book application, P01012
- Select any one record and upload a Media Object file from local system as attachment (file type attachment). This file should have Chinese characters in its name.
- Make sure that the file got attached successfully.
- Now, download the file by clicking on the file directly.
- Save it locally.
- Check the file name of the downloaded file.
- The Chinese characters are not retained/saved as it is.
Here is a screen shot showing the file name in Media Object viewer and how it is saved after downloading.The Chinese characters did not get retained.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document