E1: CAF1: CafeOne Layout Using "Sometimes" Option is Not Refreshing the Child Form When the Parent Form has an Embedded Media Object Control and ActiveX set to false/OLEONLY in jas.ini.
(Doc ID 2790389.1)
Last updated on JULY 13, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
CafeOne layout using "Sometimes" Option is not refreshing the child form when the parent form has an embedded media object control and ActiveX set to false/OLEONLY in jas.ini.
- When you select the grid record matching the sometimes condition the child form is not loaded
- The child form will appear, if the user selects another layout from the dropdown list and then selects this specific CafeOne layout
- If the user selects a different grid record, the child form will not get refreshed
"Always" Option [Show this content frame without conditions] will work when ActiveX = false. Switching ActiveX to True will also work fine with both "Sometimes" and "Always" options.
Step To Replicate:
1. Create a CafeOne layout
Parent Form P41829|W41829C - Work with Item Word Search
Child Form P41202 | W41202A - Work With Item Availability
Dynamic Mappings: Item Number - Short is mapped to ITM
When do you want to see the content frame: "Sometimes" (Example: Short Item No = 60011 as shown in the below screen print)
2. Save the layout and exit the application.
3. Open the application P41829
4. As shown below in the screen shot the Child form will not load unless you switch the layout to another layout from dropdown and come back even though the "Sometimes " condition is met.
5. Switching the layout will render the child form but it will not refresh or load the data correctly. As shown in the below screen shot, child form Item Number value is stuck in 210 whereas the selection in the parent grid records is 230. Ideally the child form should have disappeared as the short item number in the selected parent grid record is not matching with the "Sometimes" condition.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document