E1: 32: Leading Space in Enter Answer Field in Configured Item Revisions (P3210) Causes Calculated Answer to Fail
(Doc ID 2790554.1)
Last updated on MARCH 09, 2023
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Configurator - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a configured item calls Configured Item Revisions (P3210), if the user double-clicks in the Enter Answer field for the numeric segment, the system will add a leading space. Once the user enters the numeric value and clicks Validate Configuration, if there is dependent calculated segment with a C table, the system will not be able to fetch a value. Once the user clears the space in the required numeric segment, the calculated segment correctly fetches the table value.
Note that even though the dependent calculated segment shows the error symbol, if the user does not notice that the calculation field, they will still be able to click on Add to Order and save.
1. Create a configured item with a required numeric segment and a calculated segment in Configured Item Segments (P3291).
2. Create a 1x1 C table that will populate the calculated segment based on the input of the required numeric segment.
3. Create a Sales Order (P4210) for the configured item.
4. When the system calls Configured Item Revisions (P3210), click in the Enter Answer field for the required numeric segment. Notice that the system adds a leading space.
5. Enter a valid numeric value in the required segment; click on Validate Configuration and notice that the system is unable to fetch a value for the calculated segment.
6. Remove the leading space in the required numeric segment and click Validate Configuration. Notice that the system now can fetch the correct C table value in the calculated segment.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document