E1: 42: Manual Change To Quantity Backordered Corrupts Sales Header Cost (F4201.TOTC)
(Doc ID 2802211.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 16, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Entry - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a user manually changes the Quantity Backordered field on a sales order detail line, the Order Header Total Cost (F4201.TCST) gets recalculated and populated with an incorrect value.
The issue can be duplicated with the following steps:
- Create a new Item (P4101) with a primary UOM of EA and Secondary and Pricing UOM of CA.
- Setup Item UOM Conversions (P41002) as follows
- 1 CA = 10 GA
- 1 CA = 85 LB
- 1 PL = 2 CA, Structure Code = 1
- 1 CA = 85 LB, Structure Code = 2
- Set the Item Cost to $1.00 per EA
- No inventory is on-hand in the Item Availability Inquiry (P41202)
- In UDC 49/SD, order type S4 with S line type is a transportation order.
- Create a version of Sales Order Entry (P4210) with the following settings:
- Order Type = S4
- Line Type = S
- Default Transaction Unit of Measure = 1 (Pricing Unit of Measure)
- Activate Availability Checking = Blank (off)
- Create a Transportation Sales Order for 1 CA (85 EA) Extended Cost = 85.00. Quantity Backordered is Zero. Save the order.
- Check Customer Service Inquiry and note Shipment Number is 8941. Quantity Backordered is zero.
- Using Databrowser look for the order header total cost (F4201.TOTC). It is 85.00 same as the order line.
- Take the Row Exit to SO Detail Revisions
- Change the Quantity Shipped to 0 and change the Quantity Backordered to 1.00. A warning is returned stating “Backordered Shipment Sequencing Lines” (040SQ). Save the order changes despite warning.
- Check Customer Service Inquiry, the Shipment Number was removed from the order since it is now on backorder.
- Using Databrowser look for the order header total cost (F4201.TOTC). It is changed from 85.00 to 1.00.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document