E1: 01: The Compressed Description FIELD In F0101 Does Not Eliminate Special Characters
(Doc ID 2802829.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 05, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Address Book - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Address Book
The compressed description field in F0101 isn't eliminating special characters after UDC 01/LP is set with a special handling code of '3' for the default language in order to utilize the Secondary Alpha Name and Secondary Mailing Name.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. verify user profile language is set to blank
2. update UDC 01/LP with a 3 in the special handling code for the blank Code
3. verify the special character in question is included in the description 01 field of UDC H95/SC
4. clear cache and log back in
5. Add a new address book record (P01012) and include a value for the Secondary Alpha Name that includes a special character from H95/SC
6. Query F0101 and see the Description Decompressed value includes the special character that should be excluded.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document