E1: 42: Quantity Exceeds Available (2716) and Date Invalid or Missing (0004) Errors at Ship Confirm of Lot Controlled Item
(Doc ID 2802962.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 30, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to Ship Confirm (P4205) a specific lot number, with available quantity greater than the order quantity, the following errors are returned:
Quantity Exceeds Available (2716)
CAUSE . . . . Quantity entered is greater than the available quantity in this item location.
RESOLUTION. . This is only a warning message. Press the Enter key and the system will accept this quantity. Note: The option to hard-commit should be turned off for this program to prevent the
commitments routine from placing the released quantity back on backorder.
Date Invalid or Missing (0004)
CAUSE . . . . The date field is invalid for one of the following conditions:
- Month not valid (must be between 1 and 12),
- Day not valid (must be between 1 and 31, and valid for month)
- Year not valid (must be between 00 and 99),
- Date has not been entered.
RESOLUTION. . Enter a valid date.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Bring up Sales Order in Work with Shipment Confirmation (P4205)
- In Item Availability Inquiry (P41202) the item to be shipped shows plenty of inventory On-Hand in two different lot numbers, but Zero Committed or Available. If Zero is Committed then Available should equal On-Hand.
- When user attempts to ship confirm the Lot the system returns two errors:
- Quantity Exceeds Available
- Date Invalid or Missing
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document