E1: 52: Invoice Billing Line Revisions (P52221) not Validating Retainage Release Amounts Correctly
(Doc ID 2803768.1)
Last updated on JULY 05, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Contract and Service Billing - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After creating a partial retainage release and creating A/R, upon creating a new invoice batch and drilling into Invoice Billing Line Revisions (P52221), the system will not validate the allowable retainage release amount correctly. The Total Retainage field on form W52221A will display incorrectly, and under certain conditions, either the system will not allow a valid partial release, or the system will allow a release more than what is retained.
1. Create a Contract Master (P5201) that has a Retainage Rule in the Additional Detail tab.
2. Create a Lump Sum Billing Line (P5202).
3. Create a version of Contract Billing Invoice Generation (R52121) where the Zero Invoice Processing option is set to 1 = Zero Amount Invoices Allowed.
4. Run the R52121 over the contract.
5. Find the batch in Batch Review (P48221) and drill into Lump Sum Billing Line Revisions (P52221); enter a value in Net Amount and save.
6. When the system returns to Contract Billing Line Inquiry (P5222), take the for exit to Retainage Recalc.
7. Create A/R for the invoice batch.
8. Run Contract Billing Invoice Generation (R52121) to create a new batch.
9. Find the batch in Batch Review (P48221) and drill into Lump Sum Billing Line Revisions (P52221); click on the Retainage tab and enter a partial release (i.e. in % field, enter -25).
10. Create A/R for the partial release.
11. Run the R52121 over the contract.
12. Find the batch in Batch Review (P48221) and drill into Lump Sum Billing Line Revisions (P52221):
a. Click on the Release button. Notice that Total Retainage is incorrect (the value is lower than it should be)
b. Manually enter the exact amount of retainage that can be entered in the retainage current field and tab out. Upon clicking OK, notice that the system incorrectly displays the following error:
Retainage Amount Exceeded
Error ID 171A
c. Clear the values and return to the Retainage tab in P52221; click on the Release tab and enter a release amount $1 higher than the retainage to date. Be sure not to click out of the field and click on the OK button. Notice that in this case, the system allows a release more than what is retained.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document