E1: 49: R4981 Freight Update Does Not Allocate Freight Charges when Using NFMC Class
(Doc ID 2804084.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 29, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Transportation Management - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When updating freight payable charges with R4981 Freight Update, using freight allocations, journal entries in the F0911 are created for the correct accounts based on the item G/L Class and AAI 4920 set up, however the amount of the Freight charge is not allocated between the different accounts and instead the total amount is posted to one of the accounts only.
This happens when the items have different G/L class but the same NFMC Freight Classification code set up in Item master and Rates on the Rate definition are set up by NFMC class.
When the items have different NFMC Freight Classification code set up then the freight amount is correctly allocated between the different journal entries / accounts.
Steps to Duplicate:
1) Set up 2 item with different G/L Class, Make sure Item location reflects the G/L Class
2) Update both item with the same NMFC code (Item master exit Storage/Shipping)
3) Set up Rate definition with Rate type = 2 - Fixed amount, Rate level = 2 - Detail level, Detail level = 1 - NFMC, Set up Rates by NFMC Freight Class
4) Make sure the Charge codes have Freight Allocation activated
5) Make sure AAI 4920 is set up with different accounts for the different G/L class
6) Carrier is set up for AutoPay
7) Enter Transportation sales order 4EA for item A and 6EA for item B
8) Approve and Confirm shipment
9) Run R4981 and UBE output correctly shows Payable charges for 2 different accounts based on G/L class however the total freight charge amount is posted only to one account and not allocated
10) P0911/F0911 Journal entries are created correctly for 2 different accounts based on the AAI set up however the amount of the freight charge is not allocated and the total amount is posted to one of the accounts only
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document