E1: 49: Override Location Exit in P4960 and P4915 Throws ‘Invalid Location’ Error (ID 3138) Due to Missing P460501 Interconnect
(Doc ID 2804366.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 07, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Transportation Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The P4915 and P4960 (Shipments/Loads) applications offer the ability to override the shipping location, but the system throws an error, either 'Invalid Location' or ‘Business Unit Invalid' depending on whether Warehouse processes (WMS) are being used or not. This happens because the Form Interconnect to application P460501 is not configured with a Branch Plant value.
Steps to Duplicate:
- The issue can be seen in either P4915 or P4960, and with or without Warehouse Management requests/picking. These directions are for a simple Transportation order with no WMS but the underlying cause is the same for all.
- Raise a Transportation order and note the shipment number created.
- Locate the shipment in the Work with Shipments application (P4915) and take the Row exit to “Override Ship Loc”.
- Application P460501 is launched – ‘Override Shipping Location’, via an Interconnect. Use the Visual Assist to search for a location. The system immediately throws error 0052, ‘Business Unit Invalid’ because the Branch is not passed from the shipment to the P460501.
- With WMS, the error thrown is “Invalid Location” – the system does pass the location from the pick request, but cannot validate which Branch/Plant is associated with this location.
- Correct coding in the Interconnect can be seen in application P4617 (Warehouse Suggestion) – the ‘szCostCenter' data item is set with 'GC/Branch Plant'.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document