E1: ORCH: Values Passed from Parent Orchestration to Child Orchestration are Overridden by Default Values
(Doc ID 2809634.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 29, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Orchestrator - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When an orchestration involves multiple steps and one of the steps involves a call to iterated orchestration (child), the values passed to the orchestration by the parent orchestration are overridden by the default values mentioned in transformation step in child orchestration.
Ideally the default should be only considered if values are not being passed from parent orchestration
However if instead of directly calling the orchestration, a connector the orchestration is used, this behavior is not seen.
1. Login into orchestrator studio
2. Create an orchestration with multiple steps, one of which is an iterated orchestration
3. Pass values from Parent orchestration to child orchestration
4. In the transformation step within the child orchestration, set default values for the variables whose values are passed from parent orchestration
5. Save the orchestration
6. Run the orchestration in debug mode from the 'Run option'
7. The values passed from parent orchestration are not taken even when they are available
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document