E1: MOBJ: HTML BR (Break) Tag Is Added Through Embedded Media Object in Table F00165 Even If Nothing Is Entered in Media Object Text Input
(Doc ID 2809954.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 02, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
While approving or rejecting approval requests via the link received in email from workflows, F00165 record is added with </BR> tag even if nothing is added in media object text control on some approval forms. This non empty media object text causes incorrect error validation.
If ActiveX is enabled and a user does not add anything in the comment box which is an embedded media object text control, a hard error "Comment Required" appears on screen. However, if ActiveX is disabled (HTML editor is used instead of RTF editor) this error is bypassed because system assumes that text was entered because of the unwanted </BR> tag added due to this issue.
It is expected that if nothing is added in media object field, then no record should be added in F00165.
Steps to replicate:
- Login to a HTML server instance with Chrome/Firefox/Edge-Chromium Browser (HTML editor is used for media objects text)
- Enable REQAPPRVL workflow , Activate version 2. This may be done from application P98800 on a fat client. Select version 2 and Change Status to Active.
- Type IV in fast path , find version ZJDE0001 of Application P08102. Ensure processing option value for default approver is populated.
- Go to Work with Requisitions Application: P08102 Version: ZJDE0001.
- Add a new requisition record (Ensure Valid Email Addresses exist for all Address book numbers used)
- Save the record.
- This will trigger workflow and send email for approval to the Approver of above Requisition record created.
- Click the link in email received by Approver to open Requisition Workflow Approval P08102B Form W08102BA
- Reject the request without entering anything in media object text field (Comment) and press OK.
- Notice no error is received.
- Check F00165 using Databrowser/Universal Table Browser(UTB) and notice a record added with </BR> Tag (Find record for Todays Date and Approvers user id).
- Login to an HTML Server instance with ActiveX enabled using Internet Explorer( RTF editor is used for media object text)
- Repeat steps 2 to 9 above.
- Notice that if user rejects a request without entering anything in media object field, an Error "Comment Required" appears which is expected behavior.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document