E1: 31P: Related Sales Order Cannot be Created From ET Task Due to Error ID 3690 - 'Location not in Item Location File' Received in ETO Workbench - P31P001
(Doc ID 2810966.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 29, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Engineer to Order - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating an ETO project connected with Job Cost and then processing and finishing the sub-assembly WO followed by processing and finishing the top parent item work order, if the user wants to ship the top parent WO with option "Create SO Lines", the system triggers error ID 3690 - "Location not in Item Location File”.
The tasks with the finished item is defined as shippable and should be shipped once the related WO is completed.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- P4101 / P41026 - Create 2 project specific parent items (St Ty = G, Ln Ty = S): one parent is defined with a blank Primary Location and the second one has a non-blank Primary Location
- P3002 / P3002 - Create BOM and Routing for both project specific parent items
- P31P001 - Create an ETO Project with 2 manufacturing shippable tasks using the above project-specific parent items
- P31P001 - Process both manufacturing tasks
- P31P001 - Select the first manufacturing task (WO) and take Mfg Parts List option from 'More Task Actions' drop-down menu, create OP for the project specific purchased components
- P31P001 > P3111 - Do the above step for the second mfg task / WO - note the purchase order number
- P4312 - Receive both OP orders
- P31P001 - Select the first manufacturing task (WO) and take Mfg Issues option from 'More Task Actions' drop-down menu; report material issue transactions for the first WO
- P31P001 - P31113 - Do material issue transactions for the second WO
- P31P001 - Select the first manufacturing task (WO) and take Mfg Hrs Quantities option from 'More Task Actions' drop-down menu and report hours and quantities for first work order
- P31P001 - P311221 - Do H & Q for the second WO too
- P31P001 - Select the first manufacturing task (WO) and take Mfg Completions option from 'More Task Actions' drop-down menu and do work order completions for the first work orders; manually change the default lot/serial number equal to WO number to another lot number using today's date
- P31P001 - P31114 - Complete the second work order; manually change the Lot / Serial to a lot number using date
- P31P001 - Select the fist mfg task and take the Create SO lines option from the 'More Task Actions' drop-down menu in order to create a sales order to ship the existing completed project-specific parent.
The system triggers the error ID 3690 – 'Location not in Item Location File' generated by the BSFN B4200311.c.
- P31P001 - P31P204 - P4210 - when creating the sales order detail line for the second work order, the same error ID 3690 - 'Location not in Item Location File' pops-up.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document