E1:31: Assign Serial Number (P3105) Error: Serial Number Already Associated (4720) when Trying Associate the Same SN on 3 Separate Items
(Doc ID 2823544.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 23, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Shop Floor Control - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Getting Serial Number already Associated error (4720) when attempting to use the same serial number on three different and separate items. The client needs to assign the same SN because the component comes from the supplier with the serial number etched on it. That specific serial number needs to stay with that item as it goes through the sub assembly and into the final assembly.
Error: Serial Number already Associated/4720
Some client's need to use the same serial number through-out the process and it should allow as the same serial number is on 3 Different Items
- System Constants P41001 - Allow Duplicate=2 ( Duplicate Lots Allowed Shared Across Items and B/P)
- Create Item P4101/P4102) as Serials Purchased Item/Serial End Item/Serial Sub Assembly.
- Add Bill Of Material P3002 for the Final/Sub Items
- Create PO (P4310) for serialized Purchased item
- Receive the item
- Create work Order for final/sub Assembly (P48013)
- Attach Parts list (manually or R31410)
- Issue (P31113) the Serialized Item on the Sub Assembly (use the same serial number through out process for the Purchased/Sub Assembly and finished Item)
- Associate (P3105) the Issue Purchased Items to the Sub Assembly. using the Same Serial Numbers. (that works fine).
- Now go and try to create the same serial numbers for the Finished Item by going to P3105 to Form Exit to revisions to add SN.
- This will give you and error saying that the "Serial Number already associated" Error 4720
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document