E1: 42: Sales Intercompany Order Returns "Currency Codes May Not Be Different" Error (2900)
(Doc ID 2826087.1)
Last updated on MARCH 28, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to enter a Sales Intercompany (SI) Order with a D1 line type, where the Header Branch uses Canadian (CAD) currency and the Detail Branch uses US (USD) currency, the program returns an error and the transaction cannot be completed.
Currency Codes May Not Be Different (Error ID 2900)
CAUSE. . . . . The currency code of the branch/plant for the detail transaction must be the same as the base currency code for the order.
RESOLUTION . . Change the branch/plant in the detail transaction to a company with the same currency code as the base currency code for the order.
The client reproduced the issue with the following steps.
- Line Type Constants (P40205) shows the D1 Line Type has Inventory Interface = “Y” and Generate Purchase Order checkbox checked.
- Create a SI sales order as follows:
- Header Branch uses Canadian (CAD) currency
- Detail Branch uses US (USD) currency
- D1 Line Type tries to create a Purchase Order (OP)
- The “Currency Codes May Not Be Different” Error (2900) is returned.
- If a user tries to create the Purchase Order in PO Entry (P4310) with the Canadian Branch in the Header and US Branch in the Detail the same error is returned.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document