E1: 42: Sales Update (R42800) Doesn't Summarize Credit Amount From Detached Price Adjustment
(Doc ID 2829278.1)
Last updated on MAY 03, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When Sales Update (R42800) processed one invoice for multiple sales orders for one customer with A/R Summarization by Invoice, instead of creating one record in the Customer Ledger (F03B11) there were two records created. The amount that is on a separate line and was not summarized is from a Detached Price Adjustment.
Oracle Support duplicated the issue as follows:
- Enter the Customer Master (P03013) and take the Form Exit to Billing Infornation.
- Notice the Invoice Consolidation Checkbox Checked on Billing Page 1. Close the Billing Infomation Screen
- On Customer Master screen, select the Tax Information Tab.
- Notice the Tax Rate Area and Tax Explanation Code are Populated for the Customer.
- Create Price Adjustment (P4071) as a line level adjustment, Control Code 2, with an Amount Level Break.
- Create a second Price Adjustment (P4071) as a detached adjustment, Control Code 6, with Taxable Flag Y and Amount Level Break.
- Put both adjustments on an Adjustment Schedule (P4070).
- Put the Adjustment schedule on the Customer Billing Instructions.
- Select two Item Branch (P41026) records (Branch 30 and Branch 10) that are Sales Taxable in both branches.
- Set Price Adjustment Detail (P4072) for the first Adjustment as Basis Code 0 with Factor Value of -10.00%.
- Set Price Adjustment Detail (P4072) for the second Adjustment as Basis Code 2 with Factor Value of -1.500%.
- Create first sales order for the Customer for Item in Branch 30.
- Create second sales order for the Customer for Item in Branch 30
- Create third sales order for the Customer for Item in Branch 10
- Run Invoice Print (R42565) with Data Selection on the Customer. Customer Service Inquiry shows all three orders are assigned the same Invoice Number.
- Setup Sales Update (R42800) Version as follows:
- Summarization Tab Option #1 = 1 (Summarize A/R Entries by Invoice)
- Summarization Tab Option #2 = 1 (Summarize G/L Entries by Invoice)
- Version Tab Option 1 (A/R Master Business Function) set to call version named CREDIT
- Setup A/R Master Business Function (P03B0011) named CREDIT
- Set Defaults Tab Option #5 (Credit Memo Due Date) to 1 (Use Payment Terms Due Date)
- Run Sales Update Version with Data Selection on Invoice Number.
- Check Customer Ledger (F03B11) in Databrowser. There are two records created. The Detached Adjustment was not summarized with the rest of the lines.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document