E1: 17: Service Contract Workfile Generation - R1732 Calculates the Amount Billed Incorrectly for Service Contracts Covering Multiple Years Defined with Yearly Billing Frequency Code
(Doc ID 2830926.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 29, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Service Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using a billing frequency code set for a fiscal date pattern that crosses 2 calendar years (e.g. Fiscal Date Pattern Begin Date = 04-01-2021 and Fiscal Date Pattern End of Period 12 = 03-31-2022) defined on a contract that spans on multiple years (e.g. Contract Start Date = 03-01-2021; Contract End Date = 28-02-2025), the Amount Billed calculated by the R1732 (Service Contract Workfile Generation) UBE is equal to the total contract amount even if the contract is billed for e.g. one or 2 years. This is incorrect, as the final invoice generated against the contract is overstated instead of using the Recurring Amount as a basis for each year billed in advance.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps
- P0008 - Set a fiscal date pattern that starts e.g. in April (Begin Date = 04-01-2021)
- P15019 - Create one yearly Billing Frequency Code (e.g. Annual - March) - in this case, Bill Period 12 is corresponding to the month of March
- P1720 / P1721 - Create one contract, with a single contract detail line with the following details:
Contract Start Date = 03-01-2020
Contract End Date = 02-28-2025
Bill From Date = 03-01-2020
Bill Through Date = 02-28-2025
Billing Frequency Code - defined as above
Unit Price = 500 $
Recurring Billing Amount = 100 $
- R1732 - Generate the contract workfile using the procession option Bill Thru defined to e.g. 03-31-2021
- R1732 - The pdf output of the UBE shows a single line for a single period (Per Num 12 from FY 20 and Ctry 20) for the Contract Amount = 500, with a Recurring Amount = 100 and the Amount Billed = 500 calculated incorrectly for all 5 contract years.
The expected printed pdf output of R1732 would have had 2 different workfile records for Period Num 3, FY 20 and FY21, respectively.
Each correct line would have had the Contract Amount = 500, Recurring Amount = 100 and Amount Billed = 100.
If testing with a regular fiscal date pattern that does not cross 2 calendar years (e.g. 'R', having the Begin Date = 01-01-20xx and End Of Per 12 = 12-31-20xx) the system triggers correct workfile details, for the Yearly Amount Billed equal to Recurring Amount.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document