E1: 12: Depreciation Schedule (P1202) will Not Blank Out when it is listed for the Cost Account in Depreciation Default Coding (P12002)
(Doc ID 2830939.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 29, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Fixed Assets - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When the Depreciation Default Coding is using a rule such as 09-36-C and Method 9 Schedule No "SLC" and the users want to change the method to a method that does not require a schedule (i.e. 01-36-I) the P1202 -Depreciation Information will not allow the user to blank out the schedule when Depreciation Default Coding has the schedule on that particular cost account number. The system should allow the removing of the depreciation schedule.
1. Go into the P12002/G1241 - Depreciation Default Coding and update one of the cost accounts. i.e. 50.2030.SLC to 09-36-C with a Method 9 Schedule Number. In this example the Method 9 Schedule Number is "SLC"
2. Add an asset using P1204/G1211 - Work With Assets using account number 50.2030.SLC.
3. Review the asset using P1204/G1211 - Work With Assets. P1204 - Work With Assets, find the asset, put a check mark next to the asset, Row-Master Information, Depreciation Information. It now has the rule with 09-36-C with schedule "SLC".
4. Try and change the asset to a rule that doesn't use a schedule. For example change it to 01-I-60-A. Blank out the schedule.
5. Save the information.
6. Go back into P1204 - Work With Assets, find the asset, put a check mark next to the asset, Row-Master Information, Depreciation Information and the Depreciation Schedule still remains.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document