E1: 43: ASYNCHRONOUS BUSINESS FUNCTION ERROR During PO Entry (P4310) when Writing to the PO Ledger (F43199) File
(Doc ID 2832581.1)
Last updated on JUNE 12, 2023
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Procurement and Subcontract Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to enter a purchase order, the following errors occur:
ERROR ON THE SCREEN
ASYNCHRONOUS BUSINESS FUNCTION ERROR
There was a problem on the server while running the Business Function F4311EndDoc (XT4311Z1).
ERRORS IN THE LOGS
- OCI0000178 - Unable to execute - INSERT INTO CRPDTA.F43199
- OCI0000179 - Error - ORA-00001: unique constraint (CRPDTA.F43199_PK) violated
- JDB3400009 - Failed to perform Insert for F43199
The INSERT fails because the UKID field in the F43199 is being populated with a zero (“0”) instead of the UKID value for the F43199 from the F00022 table.
The client reproduced the issue with the steps below:
- Go into Next Unique Number (P00022) enter Table Name F43199 and Click Find. The Unique Key ID was 17.
- Test a New Purchase Order. Populate header information and one detail line and then save
- The header screen reappears, ready to enter the next order. The user clicks the Close (X) button.
- ASYNCHRONOUS BUSINESS FUNCTION ERROR appears stating there is a problem while running F4311EndDoc.
- Reviewing the SQL INSERT statement in the Debug Log we see a garbage character in the Dual Item (DUAL) field and a “0” in the Unique Key ID (UKID) field.
- Debug Logs show the Business Function InsertPurchaseLedger (X43199) fails (=2).
Changing the "Write Ledger Record (Y/N) Flag" (WRTH) in the Order Activity Rules (P40204) from Y to N, allows the user to temporarily avoid the issue, but they will need the ability to write new records to the PO Ledger File (F43199) for audit trail purposes.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document