E1: 42I: Quantity Exceeds Restrictions (Error ID 4723) Invoked for Outbound Inventory (OIM) Sales Order at Ship Confirm (P4205) for Item with Lot Type 5, 6 & 7, Serial Number = Y
(Doc ID 2832665.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 10, 2023
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Outbound Inventory Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Error 4723 - Qty Exceeds Restrictions is invoked at time of Ship Confirm (P4205) for an Outbound Inventory Management (OIM) sales order when using serial number required and lot process type = 5, 6 & 7. This issue does not occur with lot process type = 3.
Steps to Duplicate:
- Turn ON Outbound Inventory Management (P99410) SY42I.
- Setup one branch/ plant as outbound inventory branch in B/P Constants (P41001).
- Setup outbound inventory locations: in-transit and customer (Locations P4100).
- Define Order Line Type with Outbound Inventory Interface (P40205).
- Define Order Activity Rules (P40204).
- Create a ship to and sold to in the Address Book (P01012).
- Setup an item in two branch/ plants as serial controlled (SRCE = 5, 6 or 7). (P41026)
- Setup a version of Ship Confirmation (P4205) and do not turn the Automatic Acknowledge ON.
- Adjust the item (P4114) in the origin branch/ plant with one unit and one serial.
- Create an OIM Agreement Master (P42i010) with the item, customer location and BP outbound inventory management.
- Create an OIM sales shipment order (P42101/ G42i10) with the item and select the agreement and item, click ok and save the order.
- Ship confirm (P4205 / G42i10) the shipment sales order and select the item/location with a serial number. This should allow the shipment as the serial number does not have quantities in the outbound branch/ plant.
- Hard error 4723 - Quantity Exceeds Restrictions is invoked.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document