E1: LDAP: Security Kernel Is Unable To Validate The User Against LDAP Server When Using SSL (Secure Socket Layer), Error "Failed to init LDAP connection: Failed to initilize client SSL environment"
(Doc ID 2833445.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 01, 2023
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Security kernel is unable to validate the user against LDAP server when using SSL (Secure Socket Layer).
However Connectivity to LDAP Server using ldapsearch executed from the iSeries is working correctly.
Other points to consider :
- LDAP Authentication works fine without SSL
- Passwords in P95928 for certificate DB is the same as ldapsearch
- ldapsearch is using System .kdb certificate and it is working successfully
- Same search base is used in both P95928 application and in ldapsearch tool
The following errors appear in the security kernel jdedebug.log:
STEPS TO REPLICATE:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Enable LDAP Authentication with SSL
2. Start the E1 Enterprise server services
Setup E1 Authentication using LDAP with SSL
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document