E1: 43: Account Number is Invalid (043C) Error on Direct Ship (OD) EDI Receipt (R47071)
(Doc ID 2835363.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 21, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Processing - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
EDI Receiving Advice Edit/Create - Purchasing (R47071) attempts to update the wrong account and returns the following error:
Account Number XXXX.XXXX is Invalid (043C)
CAUSE . . . . XXXX.XXXX does not exist in the Account Master file (F0901).
RESOLUTION. . Enter the correct account number.
The client reproduced the issue with the following steps:
- Item Cost (P4105) has Sales/Inventory Cost Method = 07 Standard Cost
- Standard Cost is set to $7.38
- Direct Ship (SD/OD) order was created on 12/29/2021.
- Sales Order (SD) Cost is $7.38
- Purchase Order (OD) Cost is $7.38
- Standard Cost was changed in Item Cost (P4105) from $7.38 to $11.31
- Sales Order Batch Price/Cost (R42950) was run with processing option set to update cost on 1/3/2022
- Cost on the SD Sales order was updated from $7.38 to $11.31
- Cost on OD Purchase Order remained unchanged at $7.38 because Sales Order Batch Price/Cost (R42950) does not update purchase orders.
- DMAAI 4335 (Standard Cost Variance) is set for the OD purchase Order
- Flex Accounting set to Flex in the Business Unit as Category Code 10 from the Item Branch Record (F4102)
- In this case the expected Standard Cost Variance Account would be YYYY.XXXX
- The client creates the PO Receipt for the OD with EDI Receiving Advice Edit/Create - Purchasing (R47071) using data sent by the Supplier
- The supplier leaves the Cost field blank as they are not aware that the cost was changed from $7.38 to $11.31
- The EDI transaction fails and sends an “Account Number XXX.XXXX is Invalid” (043C) to the work center
- The client expects AAI 4335 to be used with flex accounting because the purchase order unit cost of $7.38 is not equal to the standard cost which was changed to $11.31.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document