E1: 76B: Request to Have ICMs Diferential (DIFAL) Calculated for Transactions Without PIS And COFINS Taxes
(Doc ID 2844831.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 09, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
There is an issue that arises where a company in one state sells to customer in a different state (Interstate Sale) which requires ICMS Differential Taxes to be calculated.
- The initial Nota Fiscal is required to have taxes calculated as follow:
- ICMS Differential Taxes (DIFAL)
- PIS/COFINS Taxes
- The customer calls back and indicates a problem with the product and requests a replacement
- The company creates a second Nota Fiscal and sends a replacement Item
- This replacement shipment is considered an interstate transfer not a sale.
- DIFAL is required but PIS/COFINS tax must NOT be applied.
- In JD Edwards software the Purchase Use Code (PU) required to get the ICMS Differential Taxes (DIFAL) calculated for the shipment is hard-coded to also calculate PIS/COFINS tax.
- There is no way currently in JD Edwards software to calculate the ICMS Differential Taxes (DIFAL) but exclude the PIS/COFINS taxes because both are hard coded based upon the Purchase Use Code.
- When this occurs, the only remedy the company has is to have their accountants create manual journal entries to reverse out the journal entries for PIS/COFINS taxes.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document