E1: 34: For an Item With OPC 4, 20 Day Period, Min/Multiple Quantity With Firm Supply Orders and Action Messages, the Excess Inventory Due to the Min/Multiple Does Not Seem To Be Included in Requirements Planning
(Doc ID 2847997.1)
Last updated on MARCH 11, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Requirements Planning - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When have OPC4, 20 day period , Min/Multiple qty item with firm supply orders with action messages, the excess inventory due to the min/multiple does not seem to be include in requirements planning. Hence the =EA (443k) is in excess of the min/multiple (200k). This is incorrect.
- Have a manufactured parent (OPC1) and one purchased component (OPC4). The component is with min (200), multiple(200) quantities, OPV 20 and Leadtime 42.
- Have few past due WOs for the parent, attach Parts List and freeze them.
- Have five PO's for component with quantity 200 EA . All PO's are on sysdate or in the future.
- Have few SOs for the parent item, both in the past and future. The total demand should be greater than existing supply orders.
- Now, run R3483 Multi Plant MRP over all the items with a planning horizon of 12 weeks.
- Notice the messages generated for the purchased component. New orders are suggested which result in excess supply > minimum order quantity. The same can be viewed in Timeseries - EA bucket. This generates excessive supply.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document