E1: 42: Use Up Items (Stocking Type U) Do Not Get Backordered in Sales Order Entry (P4210) If the Lots Are on Hold
(Doc ID 2848497.1)
Last updated on MARCH 28, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
There is a scenario where some items are put to Use Up (Stocking type U) in order to avoid adding any inventory for them. The customer only wants to be able to sell those products (or issue the inventory) from that branch plant. There is some inventory on stock for these items that have a lot status code. These items are in quarantine until they are released by the quality department.
When entering a sales order for these items it goes into a canceled status and does not get backordered.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Ensure the Lot status code A is defined in UDC 41/L.
- P41081 Set up Allowed Lot status Group RES for Branch M40, Lot status A and Doc Type SO.
- Enter RES in P4210 processing options - Commitment tab, option 4. Enter Allowed Lot Status Group to validate.
- Have a lot which has stocking type U and some qty in Item Availability, but with Lot status A.
- Use the above P4210 version to create a sales order for this lot.
- The SO created is not canceled, but it is not backordered as well which is not the expected outcome.
The system should get the sales orders entered to a backordered status for items with stock type Use Up and item availability with lots on hold.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document