E1: 07: Correct Historical Timecards (P05602) Allows Correction When Original Entry Has Business Unit That is Set to Non-Posting PEC N
(Doc ID 2850505.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 22, 2023
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Time and Labor - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Time is entered and processed through Final Update. At a later point the business unit is closed and placed with a posting edit code of N. The software allows entry of timecard correction with no notification that the original account is not valid (business unit does not allow posting).
Only when Payroll Journal Entry Proof/Edit Report (R05229) is processed during Generate Timecard Entries (R052901) does the user see the reverse entry of the original timecard and Error: BU xxxx PEC Does Not Allow Entry. At this point it is too late to resolve as the timecards are locked and the account cannot be changed.
1. Create timecards P051121 and run through Final Update.
2. Change the Business Unit P0006 used in those timecards to non-posting.
3. Launch Time Entry by EE Transaction History (P051191 | W051191E), row exit Timecard Correction which calls Reclassify/Correct Historical Timecards (P05602). Make correction to the account to a different business unit/account that does allow posting. Timecard F06116 is created
4. Run Generate Timecard Corrections R05602 in Proof and then Final, no failure given.
5. Run Generate Timecard Entries (R052901) and Payroll Journal Proof/Edit Report (R05229) creates the proforma batch 51 F0011 and Journal Entry
Proforma F063951. Note R05229 PDF has Error: BU 221250 PEC Does Not Allow Entry
At this point, it is too late to resolve. The timecards are locked and the account cannot be changed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document