E1: 34: MRP Ignores Multiple Supply Orders for OPC4 Items and Past Due WO Demand Resulting In Excess EA (R3482/R3483)
(Doc ID 2851441.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 24, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Requirements Planning - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using a Periods of Supply purchased item (OPC = 4) having both dependent demand from planned work orders and past due firm work order parts demand, R3483 MRP plans defer and expedite messages that results in excess inventory. The existing supply orders are ignored and replenished incorrectly, when multiple supply orders and demand orders fall into the same date bucket. While R3482, for the same scenario, planning results are correct.
1. P4101 / P41026 - Define 2 parent items (Stk Ty = M, Ln Ty = W) and one purchased component. Both parent items are set with OPC = 1 - Lot for Lot and Planning Fence Rule = C. Purchased component is set with OPC = 4 - Periods of Supply, OPV = 30 days, Planning Fence Rule = H - forecast consumption periods, Planning Fence = 999 and Leadtime Level = 60 days, P41026 - Quantities tab – all blank
2. P3002 Create Parent Bills of Material with purchased component.
3. P48013 - Create firm, frozen work order demand for parent item, future dated such that have Planned Purchased demand dates are past due and future dated.
4. P4310 - Create at least 3 multiple purchase order detail lines with future dates; same dates and quantities.
5. P4210 - Create at least 4 future dated sales orders with varying the quantities.
6. P41114 - Adjust 2 EA on hand stock for the purchased component
7. R3483 - Run MRP and review time series and messages. Defer and Expedite Messages result in Excess inventory.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!