E1: 43: Voucher Match (P4314) Ignores Flex Accounting For Purchase Price Variance (DMAAI 4330)
(Doc ID 2851964.1)
Last updated on JUNE 16, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Procurement and Subcontract Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When Flex Accounting is set to flex in the business unit segment of the account on the Purchase Price Variance AAI (DMAAI 4330) and a three-way match voucher is for a different amount than was on the PO Receipt, Voucher Match (P4314) ignores flex accounting and attempts to create a G/L account with an incorrect business unit.
Account Number XX.XXXX is Invalid (043C).
CAUSE . . . . XX.XXXX does not exist in the Account Master file (F0901). NOTE: If you get this error message on a discount amount, it is indicating that the account numbers set up in the Automatic Accounting Instructions are invalid.
RESOLUTION. . Enter the correct account number.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a new inventory Item in Branch Plant 20 with G/L Class Code IN20.
- Create a new business unit “PPV” in the Business Unit Master (P0006).
- Assign Business Unit PPV as the Related Business Unit for Business Unit 20.
- Setup a new G/L Account PPV.6310.FA.
- Set Distribution AAIs (P40950) for AAI 4330 with G/L Class Code IN20 for Company 00001 has the business unit (Branch Plant) field open because that is the field to be supplied through Flex Accounting.
- Flexible Sales Account Revisions (P40296) for AAI 4330 (Purchase Price Variance) is set as follows:
- Flexing on the Business Unit Segment of the Account Number
- The value from the Related Business Unit (F0006.RMCU1) to be flexed in to the Business Unit Segment of the Account Number.
- Create a purchase order in Branch 20 for the new Inventory Item and notice the G/L class code comes in as IN20.
- Receive the Purchase Order (P4312) for the amount on the PO.
- On Voucher Match (P4314) Version ZJDE0001 activate Flex Accounting.
- Set Flex Accounting Tab Option #1 (Flex Accounting) to 1 (Activate).
- Create a 3-Way Match Voucher (P0411/P4314). Amount to Voucher comes in the grid from the PO Receipt.
- Change the Amount to Voucher from so it is different from the Receipt and save the transaction.
- The system returns the error Account Number XXX.XXXX is Invalid (043C).
- The account should have been YYY.XXXX retrieved from Flex Accounting.
- The error was returned from Check for Account Existence (XX0901) business function on Line 1894 of the code.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document