E1: 42: Sales Update (R42800) Writes G/L Units Multiple Times To G/L Revenue Account for DMAAI 4230 and 4270
(Doc ID 2853820.1)
Last updated on JUNE 07, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
E1 9.2, Sales
Sales Update (R42800)
Tools Release 9.2
Sales Update (R42800) is writing G/L Units multiple times to the G/L Revenue Account when the G/L revenue account is used for both DMAAI 4230 (Revenue) and DMAAI 4270 (Price Adjustments).
Oracle Support reproduced the issue using demo data following the steps below:
- In Branch Plant Constants (P41001) for Branch Plant 30 the “Write Units to Journal Entries” (Y/N) checkbox is checked.
- Item Branch Record (P41026) for Item 2001 in Branch 30 has IN30 as its G/L Class Code.
- DMAAI 4230 (Revenue) is set to use G/L Class Code of IN30 and Object Account of 5015 in Company 0000
- Account to be updated for revenue is 30.5015 (G/L revenue account)
- Create three price Adjustment Definitions (P4071)
- Price Adjustment ADJW1 has G/L Class Code of REV1
- Price Adjustment ADJW2 has G/L Class Code of REV0
- Price Adjustment ADJW3 has G/L Class Code of REV1
- Create a Price Adjustment Schedule (P4070) with three adjustments in the following order: ADJW1, ADJW2 and ADJW3.
- Create three Price Adjustment Detail Records (P4072):
- ADJW1 has Basis Code 5, Factor Value -1.000
- ADJW2 has Basis Code 5, Factor Value -2.000
- ADJW3 has Basis Code 5, Factor Value -1.000
- Setup DMAAI 4270 (Price Adjustments)
- G/L Class Code REV0 uses Object Account 5170. Account to be updated for Price Adjustment is 30.5170 (non-revenue discount account).
- G/L Class Code REV1 uses Object Account of 5015. Account to be updated for Price Adjustment is 30.5015 (G/L revenue account).
- Create the Sales Order Header First. Adjustment Schedule should be on the Order Header
- On Order Detail Enter 10 EA item 2001. Price comes in as 296.00
- Price History (P4074) on Line 1.000 shows all three adjustments were applied.
- Process the Order through Ship Confirm (P4205) and Invoice Print (R42565).
- Setup a Version of Sales Update (R42800) as follows:
- Summarization Tab Option #1 (Summarize AR) = 1 (Summarize AR by Invoice)
- Other Summarization Options are Blank
- Run Sales Update (R42800) then examine entries created for Revenue Account 30.5015
- Three Journal Entries (F0911) were created for the Revenue Account 30.5015
- First Journal Entry for 30.5015 had -10 Units Populated for a total of 10 units sold.
- Second Journal Entry for 30.5015 had +10 Units Populated resulting in units sold of Zero (incorrect)
- Third Journal Entry for 30.5015 had Zero Units Populated (correct)
- Only the first Journal Entries for Account 30.5015 should have been populated because only 10 Units were sold.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document