E1: 30A: Copy Cost Values (R30890) not Respecting Branch/Plant Selection for Copy Cost Values (P30890) and Some Simulated Values are Cleared from Cost Components (F30026)
(Doc ID 2854399.1)
Last updated on MARCH 09, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Product Data Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using the Branch/Plant Selection for Copy Cost Values (P30890) to select branch plants to update when copying costs with R30890, the system will not respect the blank processing option value in the following option:
3. Enter the Branch/Plant and Cost Method to update.
Branch/Plant to update:
Blank - Use Branch/Plant selection for Copy cost values (P30890)
* - Update cost values to all branch plants
When blank is used, the system will delete simulated Cost Component (F30026) records for branches that are not included in the P30890 grid.
1. Find an item that exits in multiple branches (P41026)
2. Check to make sure that the item has Cost Component (P30026) records for multiple branches.
3. Add the item to a new branch: S30 (P41026).
4. In Branch/Plant for Copy Cost Values, add one record that will copy costs from one of the branches (e.g., M30) to the newly added branch (S30).
5. Create a version of Copy Cost Values (R30890); be sure to set processing option 3 to blank:
Use Branch/Plant selection for Copy cost values (P30890)
6. In the data selection, filter on the branch to copy and the 2nd Item Number.
7. Run Copy Cost Values (R30890).
8. Inquire on the Cost Component table (F30026) in databrowser. Filter on the item only; notice that the system has updated all branch records.
9. In Cost Components (P30026), inquire on one of the branch records that should not have been updated. Notice that the system has cleared the simulated values.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document