E1: 32: Overstated 'Inventory - A1 Portion' Journal Entries Created By Sales Update - R42800 for Configured Sales Orders
(Doc ID 2858647.1)
Last updated on MARCH 28, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Configurator - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When doing Sales Update - R42800 for a configured sales order created for one configured parent and 2 configured children, if the Product Cost Detail flag is ON in the Branch Plant Constants - P41001, the journal entries created for the Materials / Inventory A1 - Portion are overstated.
This situation occurs when configured parent uses both P and C rules defined with Derived Calculation formulae based on order quantity and both configured children are using P AIRs to insert phantom items.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- P41001 - Set the Product Cost Detail flag = ON in the Branch/Plant Constants
- Log out / log into JDE
- P4101 / P41026 - Create one configured top item (Stk Ty = C, Ln Ty = W), 2 configured children (Stk Ty = C, Ln Ty = W), one phantom item (Stk Ty = 0, Ln Ty = S) and 3 purchased components (Stk Ty = P, Ln Ty = S)
- P4105 - Define Unit Costs for purchased components and blank Unit Costs for standard (07) Sales/Inventory Cost Method for the configured parents and phantom item
- P3002 - Define BOM for the phantom item to include purchased item # 1, Qnty = 1
- R30812 / R30835 - Simulate and freeze the costs for the phantom item and all purchased components
- P3291 - Define segments for all configured items
Cfg top parent:
- segment 10 - quantity child 1; required segment; Default Value = 3
- segment 20 - quantity child 2; required segment; Default Value = 1
- segment 30 - child quantity 1; calculated segment
- segment 40 - child quantity 2; calculated segment
Cfg child # 1:
- segment 20 - segment 20; required segment
- segment 30 - quantity from parent; calculated segment
Cfg child # 1:
- segment 30 - segment 30; required segment
- segment 40 - quantity from parent; calculated segment
- P3293 - Define P and C AIRs for all configured items:
- unconditional P AIR rule defined for cfg top parent to call cfg child 1 and cfg child 1; Derived Calculation field = (1/ORDQTY)*S10 and (1/ORDQTY)*S20, respectively
- unconditional C AIR rule defined for cfg top parent to calculate segment 30 based on Derived Calculation field = (1/ORDQTY)*S10 and segment 40 based on (1/ORDQTY)*S20, respectively
- unconditional P AIR rule defined for cfg child 1 to call phantom item and purchased component # 2
- unconditional C AIR rule defined for cfg child 1 to calculate segment 30 based on Derived Calculation field = S10=CFG TOP PARENT=
- unconditional P AIR rule defined for cfg child 2 to call phantom item and purchased component # 3
- unconditional C AIR rule defined for cfg child 2 to calculate segment 40 based on Derived Calculation field = S20=CFG TOP PARENT=
- P4210 ZJDE0008 - Create the sales order with one detail line for configured top parent, Requested Quantity = 4; Unit Price = 220.25, Extended Amount = 881.00, Unit Cost = 48.75 and Extended Cost = 195.00
The sales order detail line has 2 related work orders created for configured child # 1 and configured child # 2, respectively.
WO created for configured child # 1 has a Requested Quantity calculated to 3 EA and WO created for configured child # 2 has a Requested Quantity calculated to 1 EA
- P48013 - Review all related work orders attached to the sales order
- R31410 - Process all related work orders in descending order
- P31113 - Issue materials for configured children work orders
- P31114 - Complete both work orders for configured children
- P31113 - Issue materials for top parent configured work orders
- P31114 - Complete the work order for configured top parent
- P4111 – The IC transaction for cfg top parent shows Transaction Quantity = 4 EA, Unit Cost = 48.75 and Extended Cost = 195.00
- BV - R31802A - Create journal entries for all production work orders
- P31022 - Review the production costs details for all work orders
- P4205 - Ship confirm the SO detail line
- BV - R42565 - Print the invoice; note the invoice number
- R42800 - Sales update both sales order lines. Journal entries for the
Material and Inventory-A1 Portion are created for amount = 420 and -420, respectively. This is incorrect. Both journal entries allocated to A1 costs should have been created for the total amount of 195.00 (= 135.00 for configured child # 1 + 60.00 for configured child # 2)
- P4111 - Note the details generated in Cardex:
- top configured parent has the Unit Cost = 48.75 and Extended Cost = 195.00
- configured child # 1 has Transaction Quantity = 3, the Unit Cost = 45.00
and Extended Cost = 135.00
- configured child # 2 has Transaction Quantity = 1, Unit Cost = 60.00 and
Extended Cost = 60.00
- P0911 - The journal entries created for the Materials / Inventory A1 - Portion are overstated: for 420$ instead of 195$.
Latest ESU applied for taking the fix of Bug 33181226 - R42800 CAUSES VARIANCES BETWEEN F4111 AND F0911 FOR CONFIGURED SO LINES.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document