E1: 30A: Simulated Cost (R30812) Incorrect on Co-Product that is Also an Ingredient in Another Process
(Doc ID 2861274.1)
Last updated on APRIL 06, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Product Data Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When rolling costs (R30812) on process items, if a co-product is also an ingredient in another process, with each run of Cost Simulation, the Co-Product A1 costs will be incremented incorrectly. This occurs when processing option 2 in the Process Mfg tab is set to 1:
2. Calculate And Clear Costs Of Ingredients Used As CoBy In Another Process.
Blank = Clear And Calculate
1 = Do Not Clear And Do Not Calculate
1. Create two process items (P4101/P41026, Stocking Type R), one ingredient (Stocking Type P) and two co-products (Stocking Type M).
2. Enter P4105 costs for the ingredient.
3. Create the Process Routings (P3003).
4. On the first process (P3003), use the row exit to add the ingredient and the first co-product.
5. On the second process, make the co-product an ingredient and also produce the second co-product.
6. Update the Co/By-Products Planning Table (P3404) for both co-products to Cost % = 100 for the corresponding process item.
7. Create a version of Cost Simulation (R30812) with the following setting.
Process Mfg tab
1. Calculate Co/By-Products = 1
2. Calculate And Clear Costs Of Ingredients Used As CoBy In Another Process = blank (Blank = Clear And Calculate).
8. Simulate Costs (R30812) on both Process items and review the report and notice that costs simulated correctly.
9. Re-run Simulate Costs (R30812) on all Process items again. This time set option 2 in the Process Mfg tab to 1 - Do Not Clear And Do Not Calculate
10. Review the R30825 report and notice that the co-product that is also an ingredient in another process has the A1 costs doubled. This also causes incorrect cost updates to the second process item and its co-product.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document