E1: 42: Backorder Release (P42117) Allows Over Release When Multiple Lines are Selected and Performing Commitment Processing
(Doc ID 2870009.1)
Last updated on MAY 16, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Processing - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When releasing multiple Sales Order lines on backorder using Backorder Release - Online (P42117), if all lines are selected and if there is not sufficient quantity on hand, the system will still permit the over release. This occurs even with the processing option to perform commitment processing is active.
1. Enter a Sales Order (P4210) for 8 EA on an item with 0 on hand quantity.
2. Enter another Sales Order for 8 EA on the same item with 0 on hand quantity.
3. Adjust inventory (P4114) for 10 EA.
4. Inquire on the processing options in Backorder Release (P42117); make sure the option "Perform Commitment processing" is active in the Processing tab.
5. Access Backorder Release (P42117) and enter the Item and Branch.
6. Highlight both rows to release.
7. Enter 8 EA to release on the first order.
8. Enter 8 EA to release on the second order; note that the “Quantity Exceeds Available” warning was never displayed.
9. Re-inquire on the Sales Orders and notice that the system released 16 EA even though only 10 EA were available.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document