E1: 31P: 34: R3483 - Project Requirements Planning (PRP) - Multiple Plant - Replans Firm Supply Order On Next PRP Run Creating Excess Supply (R3483)
(Doc ID 2877102.1)
Last updated on JULY 19, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Requirements Planning - Version 9.2 and later
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Engineer to Order - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When Multi-plant PRP is run over shippable ETO project work order with a bill of material component item with a required date prior to the work order start date, as per a BOM Leadtime Offset value of negative days, PRP replans the component supply order, creating excess supply and excess demand for lower level items.
- Create P41026 Item Branch Records for a top level Project (G Stock) item, a manufactured sub assembly item and one or more Project Purchased (H Stock, C Line Type) Items.
- Create a multi-level P3002 bill of material (BOM) and Standard P3003 Routing for each MFG item.
- Add a P31P001 ETO Project with a Shippable Work Order for the top level parent item.
- Run R3483 PRP and P3411 Process the Sub-Assembly PLO Planned Order Message.
- Rerun PRP, making no further changes. PRP plans a second planned order, essentially doubling the sub assembly supply and creating excess demand for all lower level components.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!