E1: 07: Overtime Rule Set Processing (R186405) Uses Wrong Rate For Regular Hours
(Doc ID 2879889.1)
Last updated on JUNE 28, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne US Payroll - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Overtime Rule Set Processing (R186405) applies the wrong wage rate for regular hours, on a time entry for overtime hours. It selects the lower Union wage rate from the Union Rates table (F069126) instead of the higher wage rate populated in the Employee Basic Compensation (P0801CMP) screen. This ignores the “Assign Highest Pay Rate” processing option set in the Time Entry Master Business Function (P050002A). Consequently, the employee will receive a lower pay amount than they should for a day when they worked overtime.
Steps to duplicate:
- Time Entry Master Business Function (P050002A) has the following settings
- Process Tab Option #1 (Pay Rate Source) is set to "U" (Union Rates table (F069126))
- Process Tab Option #2 (Assign Highest Pay Rate) is set to 1 (Use the highest pay rate found)
- Check the Employee Basic Compensation (P0801CMP) which is 22.00 per hour
- Note the employee Union Code, Job Type, and Step
- Check the Union Rates table (F069126) for the Union Code, Job Type and Step
- Hourly Rate for the Union Code, Job Type and Step was 17.00 per hour
- Use Time Entry by Individual (P051121) to create a time card with four lines
- Day 1 10 Hours
- Day 2 10 Hours
- Day 3, 10 Hours
- Day 4, 15 Hours, Hourly Rate = $22.00 (From Employee Master)
- Save time card with 45 hours (40 regular + 5 overtime)
- Run Overtime Generator (P186401) for Overtime Rule OT > 40.
- Verify Overtime is set to 150% of Regular Wages and the Rate is applied at greater than 40 hours.
- Take the Form Exit to Submit Overtime Generator
- Confirmation Box appears to confirm you want to Submit Overtime Rule Set Processing (R186405)- Click OK
- Three Jobs were processed in the following order
- Overtime Rule Set Processing (R186405)
- Overtime Rule Set Batch Review (R186404)
- Review Time Entry Lock Status (R186410)
- Overtime Rule Set Processing (R186405) PDF had no errors
- The Overtime Rule Set Batch Review (R186404) Report shows the correct overtime rate but the wrong rate for regular hours as follows;
- 10 Hours at 17.00 = 170.00 - this is the lower Union Rate. It should be 22.00.
- 5 Hours at 33.00 = 165.00 - this is correct 22.00 x 1.5 = 33.00.
- Check Time Entry by Individual (P051121)
- Hourly Rate on Overtime Day Regular Hours was changed from 22.00 to 17.00 which is incorrect.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document