E1: 42: When Negative Quantity Is Released From Blanket (P42216), Wrong Lines Are Created In Sales Order (P42101) With Wrong Quantities and Wrong Detail Branch
(Doc ID 2880392.1)
Last updated on JULY 04, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When negative quantity is released from blanket (or attaching a line with negative quantity to blanket order), users are getting very strange results - instead of 1 line with the negative quantity, there are 2 lines, one with whole remaining blanket quantity in positive and one with whole blanket
quantity plus the negative amount, in negative. This is not correct. On top of that, if the blanket has different B/P in header and detail, the second (negative) line is created with the header B/P instead of detail B/P.
1. Go to P4210 or P42101 and create a blanket order with positive quantity and detail branch different from header branch
2. Release a sales order from the blanket using P420111. Make sure to not release the full quantity and keep some open.
3. Open the sales order in P42101 (or P4210) and add a new line with negative quantity, same item and B/P. The green check mark indicating that there is a blanket available should appear.
4. Go to More Row Actions --> Blanket release, and put the negative quantity to the blanket. Confirm with OK.
5. Back in the P42101 order entry, you will see that instead of 1 line with the negative quantity, there are 2 lines created - one with full blanket quantity and one with the full blanket quantity including the negative amount put into blanket release. If the order was created with different B/P in header and detail, the second line will have the wrong detail B/P.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document