E1: 31P: R3483 PRP Generates Wrong L , E Messages By Adding Component And WO Task Under A Top WO Task On The Fly
(Doc ID 2881711.1)
Last updated on JULY 07, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Engineer to Order - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In an ETO project, add an additional component (stocking type G) with the different request date from other components in parts list of the top level WO task on the fly. At the same time, add a new WO task for the added component just below the top level WO task with the same quantity and request date as parts list. The additional component is as same as one of components in parts list.
When running PRP (R3482 or R3483), wrong L (Decrease Order Quantity to) and E (Expedite) message are generated.Note that shippable flag is set to 1 for only the top level WO task. And shippable flags of all other WO tasks are 0.
Steps to replicate:
1. Add a BOM as follows. (P3002) Quantity of all items is 1EA.
RSETO7(stocking typ G)
2. Create a ETO project (P31P001) and insert a WO1 for RSETO7 with 50EA and Start/End date April 1. Set 1 to Shippable flag.
3. Run R3483.
4. Process O messages for item RSETO7C1 and RSETO7C2 (P3411). Then 2 WO tasks (WO21, 22) are inserted under WO1.
5.Continuously, process PLOs for RSETO7C1C and RSETO7C2C (P3411).
6.Then WO31 tasks is inserted under WO21 and WO32 is inserted under WO22.
7 .Attach parts list for all 5 work orders (R31410).
8. Run R3483
9. Process O messages for item RSETO7C1CCOM1 and RSETO7C2CCOM2 (P3411). Then 2 purchase orders are created and attached in parts list of WO31 and WO32.
10. Add a component; RSETO7C2 in parts list of WO1 manually. Order quantity is 1EA. And Request date is April 5.
11. Manually, insert a new WO23 task under WO1 for the item RSETO7C2 that was added in the parts list at the above step. Its planed start/end dates are April 5. And attach parts list using Copy BOM exit to Form of parts list screen.
12. Run R3483.
13. Check MRP messages (P3411).
Regarding item RSETO7C2, there are 2 WO tasks; WO21(quantity 50EA, Request date April 1) and WO23(Quantity 1EA, Request date April 5) that are the supply for components of WO1.
Parts list of WO1(#752763) has 2 lines of RSETO7C2.
- One is quantity 50EA with request date April 1. Its supply source is WO21.
- Another is quantity 1EA with request date April 5. Its supply source is WO23.
R3483 creates 4 messages for RSETO7C2.
-For WO21, L (Decrease Order Quantity to) with quantity 49EA. It is wrong. Because there is no reason to decrease quantity. And quantity of WO21 should remain at 50EA.
-For WO23，E （Expedite） from April 5 to April 1 and L (Decrease Order Quantity to) with quantity 0EA. These 2 messages should not be created.
And last one is a PLO message with quantity 1EA and request date April 5. This should not be created, either.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!