E1: 47: EDI Inbound Purchase Order Edit/Create (R47011) is Creating Closed Orders with Open Shipments
(Doc ID 2882542.1)
Last updated on JULY 11, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne EDI - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When EDI Inbound Purchase Order Edit/Create (R47011) is being used to create historic Sales Orders for a company that was acquired, it is at the same time creating Shipments and populating Transportation tables.
Steps to Reproduce:
- EDI Inbound Purchase Order Edit/Create (R47011) created a Sales Order with SF Order Type and S Line Type at Next Status 999.
- This is intended to be a record of a historical sale from an acquired company that has already been shipped to the customer, invoiced and paid for.
- Inquire on the order and take the Row Exit to Work with Shipments.
- The Work with Shipments (P4915) screen is displayed showing that a Shipment Number was assigned to the order, with the Shipment Status at 10 even though the order has already been shipped to the customer, invoiced and paid for on the legacy system prior to loading the order in JD Edwards for historic purposes.
- The client wants to be able to “turn off” shipments for these historical orders so that only the SO Header (F4201) and SO Detail (F4211) files are populated.
This causes confusion for users who approve shipments, because they should not have to approve shipments on orders have already been shipped to the customer, invoiced and paid for on the legacy system prior to implementing JD Edwards.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document