E1: 34: SO Entry - P4210 Triggers Error ID 34401B - 'Production Number entered is invalid' When Using the Same Production Number on All SO Detail Lines
(Doc ID 2883023.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 16, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Requirements Planning - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When trying to use the same production number on all lines of the same SO, the system errors with Production Number entered is invalid (34401B).
Steps to replicate:
Purpose: use the same production number on all lines of the same SO.
- P4101 and P41026 item setup, enable Production Number Controlled in P4101 tab Additional Info
- P4210 Processing Options
1. Production Number Type = 1S
2. 2. Production Number Generation = 1 = Generate Production Number
- P34402 Production Number Structure use Year and customer (YR02 and CUST)
- Test1, use P4210 to add two lines with the same item and notice the production number is incremented with 1 on the second line from the first line (22|4242|294 and 22|4242|295). Copy the first production number to the second line (both will have 22|4242|294). Save. Receive the error
Production Number entered is invalid
- Test 2, in P4210, add two lines in two steps. Copy the production number (22|4242|296) after the first line is saved.
- Reopen the SO and add the second line, use the same production number (22|4242|296). System allows it with no error.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document