E1: 17: Service Contract Workfile Generation (R1732) Creates Blank Revenue Amount (BTOL) for Non-Taxable Service Contract Detail Line (P1721)
(Doc ID 2885495.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 23, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Service Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After applying the ESU with Bug 33542074, if the Service Contract Workfile Generation (R1732) is processed over a detail line that is not taxable, the system will create the Workfile (F4812) record, however there will be no Revenue Amount (BTOL). This causes a problem after creating the invoice and attempting to create A/R (R48199).
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Add a Service Contract header (P1720/P1721).
2. Enter the Service Contract detail for an extended warranty line type, service package, a unit price and Taxable field = N; in my test, I entered a one type billing (Bill Code Frequency = blank) rather than monthly.
3. Run the R1732 in final mode.
4. Access Work with Workfile (P4812). Enter the contract number in the Contract tab and click find; the system finds a record linked to the Service Contract.
5. Select the record to review the detail. Click on the Accounts/Amounts tab and notice the Total Amount (ITOL) is correct and does not include tax. However, the Revenue Amount (BTOL) is blank.
6. Run the Invoice Generation (R48121) where the processing options are set to run Invoice Journal Generation Version (R48131).
7. Inquire on the Work Center, notice that the Journal Edit Register (R48300) ended in the following error: Amout Does Not Balance to Gross
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document